Skip to main content

Becoming a member of BOSS

• This topic has 19 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

Note sure how to join up? It is easy, head over to the registration page at

https://2020se.cipherchallenge.org/account-login/

Enter a username and a password, together with some security questions and you are in.

You will be asked to set up or join an existing team (even if you are taking part alone) and then you will be a member of the BOSS family, ready to take part in the Challenge, or just to learn and post on the Forum.

You can head over to the Training and Development section to pick up an ID card and to explore all the training resources we have there, or mooch around in the Library or Cinema sections for more ideas for further study.

Welcome to BOSS

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Thanks Harry, looking forward to this impromptu cipher cracking session, I thought I had much longer to rework my programs for next year but evidently not ๐Ÿ˜‰

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Quick question: How can I add a profile photo, so you can all revulse at my ugly mug?

Inactive

As I recall, It’s a wordpress thing – search for “gravatar”. I think it’s tied to an email address, rather than to your account here though. (Willing to be corrected on that, especially as I have never tried!)

Please don’t set it to be something the elves would disapprove of – I think only have one tool to stop people seeing it, and that’s hiding all your posts. I’d rather not have to use it!

Harry
    Keymaster

Also, while pictures of ugly mugs should be fine, images of you (or anyone else) won’t be I’m afraid! It’s not personal, but we are trying to abide by GDPR best practice, and one thing a photo definitely is, is identifiable personal information. Since we can’t verify ages we have to treat everyone as U13 so we are not collecting or publishing anything like that.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Ha ha ha ha! I would never use /my own/ face. Can’t risk the possibility that my old “friends” from the Stasi might find me.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Harry, what is the name of the font that you used for the headings? The one that is sans-serif and somewhat aged? Thanks.

You might be interested in this free aged typewriter font:
    https://www.dafontfree.net/freefonts-special-elite-f84466.htm

Harry
    Keymaster

Telegram HPLHS

Special Elite does look nice, thanks!

Harry

Inactive

Iโ€™m so happy to be back so soon (though the circumstances arenโ€™t exactly happy). Iโ€™m looking forward to Thursday, and to try my best. Hopefully this time I manage to finish the last challenge.
    Good luck everyone, and have fun.

Inactive

I’m just glad to have something to do other than endless poem analysis for english!!!

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Please could someone leave a little more detail on how to change forum profile picture?

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

This is my idea of Christmas – an extra cipher challenge! (long as Madness didn’t help write these ones! kidding!) Bring on my 4th year!

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

@Ciphersrus
    Go to wordpress.com and create a profile. You do not need to use the same username, but your email must match the one you used for NCC. Then go to gravitar.com and log in with your new wordpress credentials. There should be a link for “getting started” or “create your avatar” or whatever. Then choose upload an image from your computer. Then upload it.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Thanks so much!

Inactive

1010101110010ยน0010ยนโฟโˆ…10101ยนยน0โฟ00111010101010101010ยน0ยน1ยน0010ยนโฟยน00000

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.