Skip to main content

Bugs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

Good point! Will get that changed. Forgot about it in the move to new premises!

Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Never heard of Tom Lehrer it’s just the first username I ever used – for club penguin when I started all those years ago – and it has pretty much become my default username.

Harry
    Keymaster

Ah, Club Penguin. That brings back memories. Tom Lehrer was a mathematician and musician who came to fame in the sixties. He claimed to have an iconoclastic friend by the name of Hen3ry. The 3 was silent.

Harry

Inactive

I don’t mind if you delete this post.
    Harry maybe put a note up…
    Please refrain from getting your certificate for a while.

We are awaiting Prof. Graham A. Niblo to do a topological geometric reconstruction of the new certificates. 😉

Will let you know when they are ready.

Harry
    Keymaster

Thanks TLW, will ask him to get on to it if he hasn’t already!

Harry

Inactive

In the Handbook, page 33, the message ‘attack at dawn’ is actually enciphered using the keyword NOW and not the keyword WAR as described.

Harry
    Keymaster

Excellent catch! Will take a look at fixing it now. Thank you,

Harry

Harry
    Keymaster

Should be fixed now, though it will take a while for the caches to clear and the new version to load. Thanks again. Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Hello.

The ‘BOSS ID Card’ page comes up with ‘Page Not Found’ whenever I click on it!

Harry
    Keymaster

Good catch, Kford-academy! Try now. Harry

Inactive

UPDATE
    Just to let everyone know that the new certificates are now available.

Inactive

Only a minor issue, but I am unable to view my entire answer for part 5b as it has run out of the box and gone off of the screen (as shown in my picture, if it works). Bug I think this is because I copied my answer from a single line and as there will have been no line breaks in my answer it has not gone onto the next line of the box. I’m not certain but maybe the website by default will insert a line break only at the end of words and as my answer has no spaces in it this has broken the website.

In addition to this, I am unable to see the leaderboard for challenge 4. Is this intentional? If it is then when would we see the leaderboard for challenge 4.This is my first year so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Harry
    Keymaster

Thanks for pointing this out, we will need to do some submission checking to prevent this, but I’m not sure when we will get that done. The team were rushed off their feet last week and the leaderboard got missed on Thursday, we are not trying to torture you all! Will get it published by Monday.
    Thanks for your help and patience.
    Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

If you post a really long word (like a ciphertext with no spaces), it runs off the edge of the box it’s in! Is there a way to fix this? (This applies to anywhere on the site!)

Harry
    Keymaster

I can see that would be annoying. I am not sure we can fix if for this special edition of the Challenge, but will add it to the list of possible To Dos for the Autumn.

Harry

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.