Skip to main content

Challenge 7

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Getting prepared for tomorrow!

Inactive

Mentally prepared, yes. Physically prepared, no.

Inactive

How is everyone going?

Inactive

My brain isn’t working this morning

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

I liked it, definitely follow the tips and crack 7A and then read it through before attempting B

Inactive

I’m stuck on B

Harry
    Keymaster

Which is why you have a week to try to crack it! Good luck, Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Harry do we decrypt using […] or […]? To indicate, edit the comment

[I will answer this at some point, but for now, I will just say: Does it matter? And which would be easier to determine? Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

This is ridiculous. I have been a part of this wonderful competition for 4 years now and i have never been so stuck, not even on the last ciphers! I think i am doing something wrong. After reading through 7A i thought i had a clear way of doing it, but after spending the whole day doing what i think 7A says to do, it wont budge. Guess i’ll work harder ._.

Harry
    Keymaster

You have no idea how happy that makes me! Harry

Inactive

Did anyone else get a minor typo on the last line of 7A? (Can you tell I do a lot of proof-reading in my day job?!)

[*Harry – I’ll leave it up to you how much to edit this post, in terms of not giving too much away at this stage!]

[Happy to let this much through! Might encourage les autres. Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Update: Just done it, good work Harry, had fun cracking 7B. As a quick question: I looked on “Your Submissions” but under 7B it doesnt list my answer, it says score 100 and “Feedback will be available on or shortly after 2020-05-15 22:00:00.”. Is this a bug or something? Would love an answer before i get paranoid that my cipher dint get through!

[Try downloading the certificate – should give you the reassurance you need! Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

@Puttputt86 Misspelling our glorious leader’s name will result in beheading!

There is another typo, this time in 7B. But you have to be Norwegian to catch it.
    You probably have to be Norwegian to even think that it is a typo at all. Kan du
    finne det?

Inactive

When will there be hints, I’m completely stuck on 7B. Is the message relating to a cipher at the end of 7A a hint for 7B or a different cipher later on?

[Re your question: If that’s what you’ve got, you are probably best going with it. It might pay off. Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

same

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.