Skip to main content

GCHQ Puzzle Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

5 minutes 18

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

8 mins, I found ms paint is very useful as the quickest tool to hand but not the easiest to write neatly with.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

15 minutes, using logic not brute force

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Inactive

11 minutes, 20 seconds

Inactive

a chill 20 minutes, maybe less, a lil guesswork in excel with music in the bg for the fun of it (didn’t read over the time thing) (spent maybe 10 minutes checking haha)

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Found it and started work on it around 11:30. Solved in about an hour and a half.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Does it need to be 13 mines? I can find a solution with 14 mines, but haven’t found one with 13….

Harry
    Keymaster

Interesting! We published the 13 mine solution this morning. If you want to publish yours we will be happy to check it!

Harry
    Keymaster

GCHQ Puzzle Challenge 2 is now up. Once you have solved any, post here saying which one and giving your answer. If it is right we will remove the answer and put up your post for the world to see. (It is the holiday, so you might have to be patient!)

Harry
    Keymaster

Several guesses so far for books on GCHQ Puzzle Challenge 2. One or two have the right book in their answer, but none have the right twist! (Which, now I come to think of it, sounds a bit like I have added a version of the logic puzzle Mastermind to the mix!).

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Not sure I have fully understood what to do, but here’s my first couple of attempts: a, c

[Well done on the first two correct submissions to GCHQ Puzzle Challenge 2, Harry]

Inactive

I am also not quite sure which you want but my attempts are a) [Not quite, Harry!] and c) [Got it!, well done. Also Harry]

Inactive

Not sure what the ‘twist’ refers to

[That is the evil genius of this particular challenge. Once you have a couple the twist will be apparent. Good luck, Harry]

Of course I could just put twist on the end of title and it would surly have a twist ending! Ha ha.

Inactive

Now I know what I’m doing:

a)
    d)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.