Skip to main content

Challenge 5

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Harry, Challenge 5B is surprisingly hard. I have calculated the ioc and then tried to put the corresponding cipher on it but to no avail. Can we please have a clue?

Harry
    Keymaster

Will definitely be posting one or more hints for this one, but not today!

Good luck,

Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Harri, det er månge muliheter for knøkkelordet, så kan du konfirmere at knøkkelordet er [Redigerad av Harry]?
    Ni hundre og nittini takk.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Can we have a hint now?

Harry
    Keymaster

Sure! The frequency analysis app on https://2020se.cipherchallenge.org/frequency-counter/ gives a result (for Challenge B) that looks remarkably like the usual frequency of English characters, so maybe they haven’t been substituted. As well as that, the text has some suspicious looking capital letters which normally represent the beginnings of sentences or of proper names, and that might suggest a way to reorder the letters into something more closely resembling English.

Good luck!

Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

For Challenge B, do we have any idea what sort of message it will be, the sort of words it will contain? I may have missed a clue about this in one of the previous messages, or if not, a pointer of that nature could be useful!

Harry
    Keymaster

no clues beforehand, but we have published something since here on the forum!

Good luck, Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Thank you! That tip really helped me.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Hints should not be given until at least after the first deadline for it is unfair to those who damaged their brains who tried to solve it themselves.

Harry
    Keymaster

I feel your pain, and we will be far less generous for later rounds!

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

got to say i agree with @18goyaaan even though i missed the first deadline by about two characters 🙁

Inactive

Read the hint, but still struggling! I’m obviously missing the point!

Harry
    Keymaster

Have you read the BOSS handbook? It describes several different types of cipher and ways to tackle them.

Harry

Inactive

TLW NO to your question

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

All I had to do to solve 5b was some careful analysis of the first three blocks of text.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.