Skip to main content

Challenge 6

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Hello Harry,
    When are we going to get a hint for challenge 6

Harry
    Keymaster

You already did (assuming you read the solution to Challenge 5A!)

Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

@Harry What do you mean? Are you talking about 6A or 6B? [I was talking about 6B. Were you asking about 6A? Harry

PS, Ah, I see, when I said 5A in the hint, I meant 6A. Holiday hat on, sorry! Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Will we get a hint for 6A? I have an idea of how it has been encrypted and made a start but I don’t know where I can go from here

Harry
    Keymaster

Try decrypting the start and the finish of the cipher text, trusting what you think you know, and see if you spot anything a bit familiar!

Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

OH thank you

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

I’m still extremely stuck and I can’t see what challenge 5 is meant to reveal

Harry
    Keymaster

Apologies, the earlier hint had a typo, and meant to say that Challenge 6A gives a hint for 6B.

How about this for a hint for 6A: try REFLECTING on the cipher text and see if that helps!

Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Hi Harry, I am on 6b and I’m stuck. I think it is a transposition cipher, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I have also tried(which I’m pretty sure is not the right cipher) the Vignere Shift cipher, but that doesn’t work either. Any tips?

Harry
    Keymaster

What did Phil say about it?

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

thank you

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

What do you mean by reflecting like looking back or literally reflecting.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

@Harry I know the Nazis are using [Edited by Harry] but the Allies are using [and again] but I am unsure if the next message is between the Nazis or the Allies. [Well don’t expect me to tell you! You should be able to work that out using frequency analysis! Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Thank you Harry for the hint for 6A! I thought I’d never get it, now I did it!

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Thanks Harry! It was quite obvious when I read through it carefully again! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.