Skip to main content

Link teams / individuals to their school

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Hi

An admin query. Is it possible for individuals and teams (that I did not bulk register) from my school to link themselves to the school via editing their own details page?
    I can only see some of my students on the leaderboard today with our school name featuring alongside them, others are there but the school name is not showing.

Thanks in advance of any help or advice you can give.

Harry
    Keymaster

Dear HeckyGrammar
    To simplify admin and monitoring for this Special Edition of the National Cipher Challenge, we decided to strip out most of the data collection and simplify registration. This means that teams registering now don’t have the option to list a school with their team, sorry. Standard accounts registered for the usual competition earlier in the year are still active, which is why some are showing school info. We would like to know more about you all, and wish we were in a position to run the usual registration system, but that involves separate arrangements for U13s under the GDPR regs, and we don’t have the capacity to do anything that complicated.
    If you can get your pupils to tell you their teams, you can use the search to find them on the board. Not the slickest solution, but the one we have for now.
    Hope you all enjoy the Challenge.
    Best wishes,
    Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Thanks Harry our participants are connected via MS Teams so can ask them to post their rankings once the challenge proper gets underway.

Harry
    Keymaster

Excellent plan – building your own network of intelligence operatives. Just make sure they are taking care of their Cyber Security!

Harry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.