Skip to main content

Bugs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Beep boop. This is an automated message from an automated decryptor to ask if your system clock is autmatically updated. The automated decryptor sending this automated message required more than 90 seconds to automatically download the challenge page. Automatically, your automated system returned “Sorry, but the page you were trying to view does not exist” during that time. Our system clock is automatically updated by an automated call to the NIST time servers, so we can automatically automate our download of the challenge page. Beep bloop.

Harry
    Keymaster

Dear My-automated-decryptor, cunning, but I bet that took you longer to write than it would have done to download the challenge automatically. Keep on coding!

Harry

Inactive

90 Seconds! You are fortunate, took me 3 minutes to stop getting a page not found, accessing in the normal manner.
    Overload I suspect.

Harry
    Keymaster

Great to be popular!

Harry

Inactive

But seriously, last week was only 15 seconds. And I have caching disabled (Cache-Control=no-cache in the headers of my HTTP requests). Since fetching the ciphertexts is the slowest part of my process, I want to know how things work at your end.

Inactive

Not reporting a bug just a thought…
    I was wondering if it would be possible to redirect to a post, I’m thinking when a #12345 is put in a post clicking on it would take you to that post. Just a small thing that may not get much used but could be handy.

[Sounds like a great idea. Will look at that for the challenge in the Autumn. Harry]

Inactive

Harry I re-posted for the 3rd time at 10:45 am – is it there now? Showing as awaiting mod.

Harry
    Keymaster

Yep,thank you! Harry

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Feature requests:

1. When the official plaintexts are released, could you also publish the kewords?

2. The ability to add graphics to forum comments. How else can one explain how to find the period of a polyalphabetic cipher without a bar graph of IoC vs. period?

[Will consider both! Harry]

Inactive

My team’s solutions to Part B are constantly coming up 0, despite being what appears to be the correct plaintext. I am at a complete loss as to what is causing the problem, and no matter what I do, there is never a correction marked at any point in the answer scoring 0. Please explain.

Harry
    Keymaster

Your solutions miss a big chunk of text off the end. The solution checker gives a score of zero and no feedback if there are too many mistakes and this counts the missing chunk as that many. Hope that helps. Harry

Inactive

How in Norway did I manage to do that? I’ve just gone and forgotten 119 characters. WELL DONE ME.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

The Leaderboard for Challenge 6 is up, but there are no standings! Any ideas???

[Fixed, and added the overall leaderboard too! Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

The leaderboard for challenge 6 doesn’t seem to be up?

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Post #48377 is still awaiting moderation! What’s going on, @Harry?

[See above. Harry]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.