Skip to main content

Challenge 7

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Harry we are also stuck on B, we have tried so many things, could you maybe point us in the right direction? [Edited by Harry] Please give us a small push in the right direction! Thank you

[Where would the fun be in that! Muhaha! Harry]

Inactive

For challenge 7B I just wanted to know if the encryption is a caesar shift and then a transposition cipher because I am trying to solve it but am facing dead ends.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Harry, can you confirm whether the intended keyword for the permutation is […], or maybe […] (which one might need after all […])?

[Couldn’t possibly comment! Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

I still don’t see anything wrong with the sentence: ‘In training we recommended a combination of Casear shift and basic transposition.’ Also, why is everyone talking about a typo. The only typo I see is the word ‘Casear’ which should be spelt ‘Caesar’. Still, I don’t see anything.

Inactive

What does that mean? Like frequency analysis?

Inactive

Is it possible that 7b was reversed in some way before being [Edited by Harry]?

[I suppose it is possible. Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

Can we have a direct hint please?

[More direct than the last two sentences of part A? Or do you mean you would like a hint for part A, in which case 6A tells you what sort of cipher you need to break! Good luck, Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

@Harry, you know that I have solved it. Just wanted to know what the intended keyword is.

[Honestly? Can’t remember! It’s been a long week. Harry]

Inactive

Remember it wouldn’t matter whether it was ciphered in […] first or […], one substitutes letters and the other changes their positions. However my problem is once I’ve got the right frequency of letters by substituting using […] cipher, I can’t solve the second […] cipher.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

also, is there any way you can know which [….] is the correct one before you […..] it is? There seems to be to mant possibilities.

[How would you do it if there was only the first thing to do? Same thing works here! Harry]

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

is the tlitle anything? like the jeyword for part B?

Inactive

@Galaxywolf The typo is in 7B

A certain persons name has a extra letter.
    It would be well for all to read about this great man, he died 22/10/2018 aged 99.

Inactive

I tested all 25 possibilities of the […] cipher on it, then tried decoding the […] cipher even resorting to a bruteforce method, still have gotten absolutely nothing readable.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

@TLW a certain river’s name is missing a letter, btw.

10degrees-admin
    Keymaster

@Ssachin, I’m not actually sure it matters!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.